I should have posted this before Mother’s day as I reckon these handmade puzzle blocks will make great presents. There is a tutorial over at 101 Woonideeen, but as far as I can tell it’s in Dutch. So… I’ll try and translate using some Afrikaans! Here goes!
- 9 blocks
- 4 sheets 100g white card stock
- scanner / printer
- felt tip pens (I’m taking a guess with this translation)
- craft knife
- glue / double sided tape (another guess)
- Scan pictures your kids have drawn
- Measure the length and width of your puzzle
- Print the scanned picture to those measurements
- Add some colour to the pictures
- hmm, not sure if you cut the printed cardstock out first into 9 blocks and then stick them down individually, or stick the sheet to all 9 blocks and then use the craft knife to cut – i’ll let you figure that out 🙂 I think they stick and then cut.
- Repeat for the other sides
- They’ve only done four pictures and left the other sides blank (FYI)
Last Tuesday I mentioned tactile play with the coloured rice – I reckon that making this slime would take tactile to a whole new level 🙂
(Image and Tutorial at The Ideas Room)
And how about this uber cute idea to make – I’m sure I remember having something like this growing up. Giddy Giddy shows us how to make one, quite easily, for yourself…. I mean your kids.